At 32 Dental, our approach is to act as conservatively as possible, removing teeth only when restorative measures would not achieve optimal results. Some of the reasons a patient may need to undergo teeth extraction in Kennesaw
- It is necessary to create space for a permanent tooth to come in
- It is necessary to create space before orthodontic treatment
- A tooth has sustained significant damage that cannot be repaired
- Third molars, known as wisdom teeth, have grown in or are impacted below the gum line
The removal of wisdom teeth may take place when a patient is in his or her teens or twenties, as this is the time in physical development when the third molars tend to begin growing in. Although wisdom teeth may be a normal part of development, these teeth may pose issues to oral health. Specifically:
- Should wisdom teeth become impacted beneath the gums, there is the potential for infection to occur. Impacted wisdom teeth may also cause significant discomfort.
- The growth of wisdom teeth, whether normal or with impaction, may affect the positioning of other teeth, creating crowding and negatively impacting the smile.
- Partially erupted wisdom teeth may lead to a flap in gum tissue, which creates a small area where bacteria may settle. The presence of these harmful bacteria can lead to irritation, inflammation, infection, and gum disease.
- The jawbone may become infected due to impacted wisdom teeth.
- A cyst may develop in gum tissue around impacted wisdom teeth.
- Wisdom teeth may emerge from the gums at the wrong angle, creating pressure on adjacent teeth.
To avoid the problems that may result from wisdom teeth, it is the best to undergo treatment in our teeth extraction Kennesaw
practice. Even when there is adequate space in the mouth for wisdom teeth to grow in, removal is recommended, as these teeth tend to experience decay more frequently simply due to their location in the far back of the mouth.
The extraction of wisdom teeth is rarely complicated, and your skilled professionals at 32 Dental have ample experience in precisely performing teeth extraction in Kennesaw
. Should you face the prospect of wisdom tooth extraction, you can feel confident that your comfort is our priority.
Whether for a simple tooth extraction or the extraction of wisdom teeth, you are in good hands with the team at 32 Dental. Contact us to schedule your next dental check-up today.