Patients ask Kennesaw dentists, "Do you provide treatment for protrusive teeth?"
Patients in Kennesaw and the surrounding areas know they can count on the 32 Dental team to answer their questions. We are often asked, "Do you provide treatment for protrusive teeth?" Our team, comprised of respected dentists Drs. Lan Vo and Sean Breckley, will respond with a resounding, "Yes." We can provide an innovative orthodontic treatment called Invisalign to straighten teeth and improve malocclusion.
Using a pacifier or thumb sucking as a child could lead to an upper protrusion or overjet. This means the upper front teeth are pushed outward. Invisalign includes a series of clear plastic aligner trays that gently move the teeth into proper position over time. Invisalign can be ideal for mild to moderate misalignment of the bite and crowded or overlapping teeth.
Types of malocclusion
A normal bite involves the upper teeth protruding slightly over the lower teeth. Malocclusion is an abnormal bite, which is classified by how the upper and lower teeth fit together. There are many types of malocclusion including crowded teeth, open bites, overbites, underbite, and cross bites.
Patients may have crowded teeth when there is not enough room for the teeth to grow. Crowding can prevent permanent teeth from coming in properly or becoming impacted. Wisdom teeth often become impacted and are recommended for removal.
With open bites, the molars fit together but the upper and lower front teeth do not overlap. An overbite is present when the upper front teeth reach over the lower front teeth. Patients may have underbite when the lower front teeth protrude farther forward than the upper front teeth. When any or all of the upper teeth fit in the wrong side of the lower teeth, it is a cross bite.
Seeking treatment for malocclusion
With Invisalign, we can treat malocclusion. In contrast to traditional metal wires and braces, patients can look forward to smooth, plastic aligners that are comfortable to wear. Treatment usually lasts 12 to 18 months.
Do you want to explore your candidacy for Invisalign? If you do, we recommend scheduling a consultation appointment with Dr. Vo or Dr. Breckley by calling 770-423-1132 today.
- Smile confidently with invisible Invisalign, an alternative to braces for adults in Kennesaw, GA
- Kennesaw, GA dentists answer, "Are the best Invisible Braces Effective"
- A discreet way to straighten your teeth in Kennesaw, GA
- If you want to straighten your teeth, Invisalign from your Kennesaw dentist is the answer
- Dentist in Dallas, GA area explains Invisalign orthodontic solutions
- Powder Springs, GA area patients ask about invisible braces: do they work?
- Kennesaw area patients can enjoy invisible braces for teeth with Invisalign
- Considering Invisalign as your orthodontics solution? Kennesaw, GA dentists explain treatment
- Everything our Marietta neighbors need to know about Invisalign vs. braces
- Marietta, GA dental team offers a qualified Invisalign provider
- Patients in the Kennesaw area ask about Invisalign vs. traditional braces
- Dentists in the Marietta, GA area compare Invisalign to traditional metal braces
- Patients in Marietta, GA ask, "Do we need to see orthodontists for Invisalign treatment?"
- Dentists in the Marietta, GA area explain how Invisalign clear aligners are an ideal alternative to conventional braces
- Patients ask Kennesaw dentists, "Do you provide treatment for protrusive teeth?"
- Who is a candidate for clear braces in Marietta, GA?
- Dentists in Marietta, GA describe Invisalign orthodontics
- How invisible braces can realign teeth for Acworth area residents
- How clear braces can help Woodstock area adults improve their smiles
- Marietta area dentists introduce invisible braces
- Kennesaw area patients ask, what are invisible braces?
About Dr. Sean Breckley
A graduate from the Temple University School of Dentistry and Susquehanna University, Dr. Sean Breckley is an established professional in the field of dentistry. He is a firm believer of contributing to the community and ensuring his patients receive the best possible dental care. Whilst maintaining his professionalism, Dr. Breckley takes time to get to know his patients and make sure they are comfortable and at ease to avoid any unnecessary dental anxiety and stress. He is presently a member of the American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, Northwest District Dental Society, and a graduate of the Mercer Mastery Program.
About Dr. Lan Vo
A graduate from the University of California-Irvine and Temple University School of Dentistry, Dr. Lan Vo is a highly skilled and resourceful dentist in the field of professional dentistry. She is an active member of the American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, Northwest District Dental Society, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and a graduate of the Mercer Mastery Program whilst maintaining a certification with the American Academy of Facial Esthetics. Dr. Vo is very people-oriented and is a favorite amongst children and commands a great deal of trust amongst anyone who has had the fortune of being treated by her.