Dentists in the Marietta, GA area compare Invisalign to traditional metal braces
Teenagers and adults may avoid traditional orthodontic treatment for several reasons. They may dislike the appearance of metal brackets and wires, have concerns about the comfort of braces, or worry about the length of treatment. Regardless of the reasons, 32 Dental in the Marietta, GA area provides an innovative orthodontic service – Invisalign. We use the Invisalign system to treat mild to moderate cases of malocclusion and misaligned, crowded, or overlapping teeth. The series of clear aligner trays are worn in sequential order. Patients change their trays every two weeks and visit the dentist about every six weeks for check-ups. Our dentists, Drs. Lan Vo and Sean Breckley, are happy to explain the Invisalign treatment process and highlight the differences between the aligner system and traditional metal braces.
Learning about the Invisalign treatment process
The first step toward attaining the smile you have always wanted is scheduling a consultation appointment with one of our dentists. The doctor will examine your mouth, teeth, and gums and review your medical history. If you are a candidate for treatment, x-rays are taken and impressions are made of your mouth. These molds are sent to an Invisalign laboratory for the fabrication of your customized trays. Once the trays arrive, we will ensure they fit comfortably before your leave our office.
Understanding the differences between Invisalign and traditional metal braces
It is important to note that both traditional metal braces and Invisalign aligners can effectively treat misaligned, crowded, or overlapping teeth and malocclusion. However, the treatment length of Invisalign is usually 12 to 18 months. In comparison, patients typically wear traditional metal braces for two to three years. In addition to a shorter treatment time, patients can count on a more comfortable experience. Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth plastic material; however, metal braces and brackets have the tendency to irritate the gums and cheeks. Patients also prefer the look of Invisalign over traditional metal braces. They can attain the smiles of their dreams with metal-free treatments.
Do you want to learn more about this popular orthodontic treatment? If you do, we recommend scheduling an Invisalign consultation with Dr. Vo or Breckley by calling 770-423-1132 today.
- Kennesaw, GA dentists answer, "Are the best Invisible Braces Effective"
- A discreet way to straighten your teeth in Kennesaw, GA
- If you want to straighten your teeth, Invisalign from your Kennesaw dentist is the answer
- Dentist in Dallas, GA area explains Invisalign orthodontic solutions
- Powder Springs, GA area patients ask about invisible braces: do they work?
- Kennesaw area patients can enjoy invisible braces for teeth with Invisalign
- Considering Invisalign as your orthodontics solution? Kennesaw, GA dentists explain treatment
- Everything our Marietta neighbors need to know about Invisalign vs. braces
- Marietta, GA dental team offers a qualified Invisalign provider
- Patients in the Kennesaw area ask about Invisalign vs. traditional braces
- Dentists in the Marietta, GA area compare Invisalign to traditional metal braces
- Patients in Marietta, GA ask, "Do we need to see orthodontists for Invisalign treatment?"
- Dentists in the Marietta, GA area explain how Invisalign clear aligners are an ideal alternative to conventional braces
- Patients ask Kennesaw dentists, "Do you provide treatment for protrusive teeth?"
- Who is a candidate for clear braces in Marietta, GA?
- Dentists in Marietta, GA describe Invisalign orthodontics
- How invisible braces can realign teeth for Acworth area residents
- How clear braces can help Woodstock area adults improve their smiles
- Marietta area dentists introduce invisible braces
- Kennesaw area patients ask, what are invisible braces?