Total at-home dental care for our patients from Woodstock and surrounding areas includes flossing
Most people, from a very early age, are taught the importance of taking care of teeth. We know that we should brush our teeth every day, in the morning and again at night, and choose healthy foods so that cavities do not cause damage and pain. Flossing, the partner to brushing, is something that many people find challenging. When brushing our teeth, we see an immediate result. Flossing, on the other hand, does not show us anything, unless a stray particle of food has been hiding in between teeth. This practice, however, is as important to total oral health as professional dental care from your dentist near Woodstock.
Brushing and flossing are intended for the prevention of dental problems such as cavities and gum disease, both of which are caused by the same factor, bacteria. In our mouths live several different types of bacteria, both harmful, and beneficial. Optimal oral health comes in eliminating the types of bacteria that can harm the body. Our natural bacterial balance is affected by the foods and drinks we regularly consume, and our lifestyle habits.
When harmful bacteria thrive in the mouth, sticking to teeth and gums, the protective layer of enamel breaks down, and gum tissue becomes infected. Most people attempt to keep their teeth healthy by brushing as they were taught, and using toothpaste containing fluoride. More is needed for true protection, and that step is flossing.
Brushing is effective in the elimination of bacteria, yes. But not all bacteria collect on areas of the teeth that are easily reached. After brushing, bacteria remain in the mouth, hiding between teeth and at the gum line. It is only through flossing that these lingering bacteria can be removed, and teeth successfully protected from their harmful effects. Another layer of protection can be added by ending the oral hygiene routine with an antibacterial oral rinse.
We don't have to get through life with the teeth we were born with. Nature gives us a second chance. Caring for permanent teeth with adequate brushing and flossing will allow you to enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile for your lifetime.
We can help you get a handle on dental problems. Contact us to experience excellence in dental care.
- Learn about daily tips for good oral hygiene with a Kennesaw, GA area dentist
- Dentist in Kennesaw offers tips and suggestions for patients to maintain a healthy mouth
- Dentist in Kennesaw, GA describes the reasons why patients may require teeth extraction services
- Kennesaw dental office offers residents the best in preventive dental care!
- Cosmetic dentist in Kennesaw, GA offers quality, comprehensive dental care solutions
- Why patients in Kennesaw, GA should have regular dental care
- The hidden cost of missing regular teeth cleanings in Powder Springs
- The importance of regular teeth cleaning services at Hiram, GA area practice
- Why patients in the Acworth area should have regular dental cleaning services
- Dentist for children near Hiram offers a wide variety of services
- Pediatric dentistry tips from trusted dentists in Marietta, GA
- Finding a full-service gentle dental practice in Kennesaw
- Dentist near me in Marietta offers tips for baby and child dental care
- Kennesaw area dentist describes the symptoms of oral cancer
- Patients in Woodstock ask, "Is there a dentist near me who provides oral cancer screenings?"
- Dentists in the Marietta area restore the smile with dental fillings
- Dentist in Kennesaw saves dying teeth during root canal treatments
- Do you follow your Kennesaw dentist's standard of excellence in your own dental care habits?
- Re-think your dental care habits with these 5 tips from a Marietta area dentist
- Is it possible for a dentist in Kennesaw to save a dying tooth?
- Get the regular dental care you need with the help of an affordable dentist close to Marietta, GA
- Can a general doctor in Kennesaw meet all the medical needs of your kids?
- Woodstock, GA dentist describes plaque
- Marietta, GA area dentist describes appropriate care for the teeth and gums
- The importance of complete dental care for Marietta residents
- Receiving gentle dental care from your Kennesaw dentist is the key to oral health
- Discover the total benefits of preventive dental care in the Marietta area
- Family dental care tips from your Kennesaw dentist
- Smile more with great dental care from your dentist near Marietta
- Total at-home dental care for our patients from Woodstock and surrounding areas includes flossing
- Complete health more possible with dental care tips from your dentist near Acworth
About Dr. Sean Breckley
A graduate from the Temple University School of Dentistry and Susquehanna University, Dr. Sean Breckley is an established professional in the field of dentistry. He is a firm believer of contributing to the community and ensuring his patients receive the best possible dental care. Whilst maintaining his professionalism, Dr. Breckley takes time to get to know his patients and make sure they are comfortable and at ease to avoid any unnecessary dental anxiety and stress. He is presently a member of the American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, Northwest District Dental Society, and a graduate of the Mercer Mastery Program.
About Dr. Lan Vo
A graduate from the University of California-Irvine and Temple University School of Dentistry, Dr. Lan Vo is a highly skilled and resourceful dentist in the field of professional dentistry. She is an active member of the American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, Northwest District Dental Society, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and a graduate of the Mercer Mastery Program whilst maintaining a certification with the American Academy of Facial Esthetics. Dr. Vo is very people-oriented and is a favorite amongst children and commands a great deal of trust amongst anyone who has had the fortune of being treated by her.